Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown (dlr) County Council is to host the dlr Festival of Inclusion every autumn.
‘Belonging | Muintearas’ is the overall festival theme this year with activities and events taking place from Saturday, September 16th to Sunday, October 8th 2023 across Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
Some highlights of the event include:
- India Fest on Saturday, September 16th to celebrate Indian culture, music, dance and food.
- The IADT Human Library where real people become books.
- The Big Sing with Newpark Community Concert Orchestra and Community Choirs
- Culinary Connections – Sharing our tastes and traditions; The Mincéirí Traveller Cabaret performances; the Women 4 Women multicultural women’s breakfast
- Drag and Draw – an art class with a difference.
- Events to celebrate UN International Day of Older Persons
- Free Gaelic football, camogie and hurling sessions & ‘Na Réaltaí’ fun GAA sessions for children with additional needs.
- Let’s Talk Climate’, Free Climate Action training and a trip to Fernhill Park.
Speaking at the launch of the dlr Festival of Inclusion, Cathaoirleach of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Councillor Denis O’Callaghan said: “I would encourage you all to get involved, take part and enjoy the variety of activities planned and I look forward to attending events during dlr Festival of Inclusion and experiencing the many diverse communities and cultures that make up our beautiful county”.
The aim of the annual dlr Festival of Inclusion is to highlight and celebrate social inclusion initiatives and to support and encourage all to actively participate and engage in the community.
This community-based social inclusion events programme showcases the many groups and organisations bringing people together to connect and celebrate community well-being and raise awareness, provide supports and promote belonging, social inclusion and diversity in dlr.
See the full programme of events and activities here.